    SubjectRe: via82cxxx_audio locking problems
    On Thursday 20 September 2001 05:07 am, Adrian Cox wrote:
    > Nicholas Knight wrote:
    > > thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
    > > Adrian Cox was working on this after I raised the issue on the list,
    > > but nobody got anywhere. All we knew was that there were temporary
    > > lockups appearing when anything was using the mixer.
    > This is the right answer. The reason some of us didn't see a problem
    > may actually be quite simple: we were using very small buffers in xmms.
    > Once I increased the xmms buffer size the problem became visible.

    Interesting, I just experimented with it, bringing down the buffers to
    200ms (low as they'll go) and pre-buffer % to 0, does seem to have an
    effect, but it doesn't "fix" the problem for me... Should I just conclude
    that the tolerance for this is higher on some boards/chips than on
    others, and that once THIS problem is fixed, it'll go away and I can
    happily use my volume control again?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.020 / U:6.220 seconds]