    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.10-pre11
    On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:

    > Hm, I guess if anybody would be capable of _really_ fixing vm in
    > upto-pre10 state, he would have done it already. It's not that people
    > would not have tried, but it looks like nobody is able to get the
    > _whole_ picture of this.

    Look, the problem is that Linus is being an asshole and
    integrating conflicting ideas into both the VM and the
    VFS, without giving anybody prior notice and later blame
    others.

    Just look at how he's now trying to force Al Viro into
    implementing his ideas yesterday because he broke stuff
    again...

    If you want a stable kernel, use Alan's kernel.

    regards,

    Rik
    --
    IA64: a worthy successor to i860.