    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.10-pre11
    On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 03:21:09PM -0400, Alexander Viro wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    >
    > > Quite frankly the BDEV_* handling was and is a total mess IMHO, even if
    > > it was written by you ;), there was no difference at all from many of
    > > them, I didn't fixed that but I had to check all them on the differences
    > > until I realized there was none. I also think the other things you
    >
    > There certainly _are_ differences (e.g. in handling the moment
    > when you close them).

    there aren't difference, only thing that matters is: "is that an fs
    or a blkdev". SWAP/RAW/FILE is useless.

    > > mentioned (besides the inode pinning bug, non critical) are not buggy
    >
    > _What_?
    >
    > int fd = open("/dev/ram0", O_RDWR);
    > ioctl(fd, BLKFLSBUF);
    > ioctl(fd, BLKFLSBUF);
    >
    > and you claim that resulting oops is not a bug?

    that is a bug.

    > > (infact I never had a single report), but well we'll verify that in
    >
    > Richard, is that you? What had you done with real Andrea?

    You also screwup things sometime (think the few liner you posts to l-k
    after your cleanups). Those are minor bugs, so I'm not going to panic
    on them (ramdisk works not by luck), this is what I meant, and they will
    be fixed shortly somehow, and many thanks for the further auditing.

    Andrea

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:2.157 / U:0.084 seconds]