SubjectRe: 2.4.9-ac12 - problem mounting reiserfs (parse error?)
On Sep 19, 2001  13:14 -0700, Wayne Whitney wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> > Could you run gdb on your mount and show us what *data contains at
> > this point (last parameter). According to man(8) "defaults" expands
> > to "rw,suid,dev,exec,auto,nouser,async".
> Hmm, I'm not versant with gdb (strace is the extent of my sophistication),
> so I'll try your suggestion below.
> > You could also try putting all of these in /etc/fstab explicitly and
> > remove them one at a time until we find which one it is complaining
> > about. Either mount(8) shouldn't be appending this option to the
> > mount data, or reiserfs needs to parse it in the kernel.
> It seems that the reiserfs option parsing in 2.4.9-ac12 is foobar, as any
> one of "rw,suid,dev,exec,auto,nouser,async" in the options field in
> /etc/fstab causes the mount to fail. Also, mounting an r5-hashed reiserfs
> file system with the option string "hash=r5" gives this fine error:
> REISERFS: Error, r5 hash detected, unable to force r5 hash
> I can confirm that the following option strings give a successful mount:
> "conv", "hashed_relocation", "notail". I didn't feel like going through
> all the options possible.

I have CC'd this to reiserfs-list so they know about it.

Cheers, Andreas
Andreas Dilger \ "If a man ate a pound of pasta and a pound of antipasto,
\ would they cancel out, leaving him still hungry?" -- Dogbert

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.055 / U:1.292 seconds]