SubjectRe: broken VM in 2.4.10-pre9
On 16 Sep 2001, Michael Rothwell wrote:

> Is there a way to tell the VM to prune its cache? Or a way to limit
> the amount of cache it uses?

Not yet, I'll make a quick hack for this when I get back next
week. It's pretty obvious now that the 2.4 kernel cannot get
enough information to select the right pages to evict from

For 2.5 I'm making a VM subsystem with reverse mappings, the
first iterations are giving very sweet performance so I will
continue with this project regardless of what other kernel
hackers might say ;)

IA64: a worthy successor to i860.

Send all your spam to (spam digging piggy)