    SubjectRe: Booting linux using Novell NetWare Remote Program Loader

    On 13 Sep 2001, Kai Henningsen wrote:

    > eric@lammerts.org (Eric Lammerts) wrote on 09.09.01 in <Pine.LNX.4.33.0109092306580.11042-100000@ally.lammerts.org>:
    >
    > > I used to have Netware bootroms that didn't do RPL. They talked NCP
    > > (like every other Netware client) and read a floppy image from
    > > SYS:LOGIN. I never tried them with mars_nwe though.
    >
    > What do you mean, "didn't do RPL"? That *is* how Novell RPL works. Also
    > has a configfile under SYS:LOGIN where you can assign images to MAC
    > addresses. Well, MAC address + IPX network pairs, IIRC. It's been a while.

    It's a long time ago, but I remember reading documentation on RPL and
    non-RPL bootroms. What I know for sure is that my bootroms worked
    without loading RPL.NLM on the server.

    Eric

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.024 / U:0.768 seconds]