    SubjectRe: 2.4.9-ac9 APM w/Compaq 16xx laptop...
    On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 04:43:05PM -0700, chris@boojiboy.eorbit.net wrote:
    > This was discussed awhile back, maybe there are answer.
    >
    > Compaq Presario 1685.
    > My bios supports ACPI
    >
    > the roboot option "shutdown -r" does
    > not work with this laptop when I compile
    > either APM or ACPI. The behavior is a little
    > different with each one.
    >
    > When my bios is set ACPI=NO, and APM is compiled in:
    > A 'shutdown -r' hangs after the "Restarting System" message.
    > Depressing the power switch cause a power off.

    Try "Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off".

    > When my bios is set ACPI=YES, and ACPI is compiled in:
    > A 'shutdown -r' hangs after the "Restarting system" message.
    > Depressing the power switch causes a reboot.
    >
    > I have a feeling this is ReiserFS related.

    I don't. Why would a filesystem have anything to do with APM or ACPI?

    Erik

    Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
    Phone: +31-15-2783635 Fax: +31-15-2781843 Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl