    SubjectRe: Excessive TCP retransmits over lossless, high latency link
    Date
    Hello!

    > The interesting thing is that there isn't any evidence of packet loss.

    Why did you disable bith sacks and timestamps? Exactly to get
    maximal damage from long delay link?

    > Is there some /proc/sys setting to fix this, a kernel patch, or is it
    > perhaps fixed in a newer kernel already?

    No patches to block send required ACKs exist of course. :-)

    All the problem is at sender, it mispredicts rtt.
    What OS is sender? If it is linux too, try to use default configuration
    not playing with /proc/sys/net/tcp_*, especially with timestamps
    and sacks and the situation should rectify.

    Also, please, send full (binary!) tcpdump from SYN and to FIN.
    Andi says right thing, but I am still puzzled why rtt is miscalculated
    it should be estimated correctly.

    Well, and if sender is not linux... no ideas.

    Alexey

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:01    [W:0.023 / U:4.792 seconds]