Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> For the upcomming Red Hat Linux release an athlon kernel
> will be included, and due to the people who have this
> problem, I added a kernel commandline option to disable
> the optimized page_copy() and clear_page() functions.
> The use of this option makes the machines, of the people
> who had this problem, happy again.
>
> Now I also wrote the 2 functions in question, and I am
> very convinced that they are correct. They also work on
> the vast majority of motherboards, and most of the failure
> cases are cheaper motherboards (or cheap PSU's).

Hey look, folks. I didn't point a finger and try to blame anybody or anything.
I'm as much a Linux advocate as the next guy. Granted, I have not tried every
trick under the sun to get it to work. I don't really care that much. I can
live with my memory accesses taking a few microseconds longer. My point, and my
only point, to all this was just to add data. If there's something relatively
easy I can try, I will. Otherwise, life goes on.
--
David Hollister
Driversoft Engineering: http://devicedrivers.com