SubjectRe: [IDEA+RFC] Possible solution for min()/max() war

From: Rik van Riel <>
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Herbert Rosmanith wrote:
> > "I contemplated about the way of Linus, and eventually I begin to
> > understand HIS aim."
> Understanding his aim is useful. It allows you to get
> out of the way when he starts shooting.

Ah, eventually I begin to understand why Linus is exercising in
pistols with ESR.

> > excuse me. this is ridiculous.
> Well, we knew that before the thread started. Can't win
> a holy war.

what I wanted to say is: it should not neccessary to <peter breuer>
"seeing this discussion fly past for a week I begin to
understand what Linus' aim might be"
</peter breuer>

spend a week reading lkml and maybe catch a hint about what Linus
had in mind when introducing some code.