    SubjectRe: [IDEA+RFC] Possible solution for min()/max() war

    From: Rik van Riel <>
    > On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Herbert Rosmanith wrote:
    > > "I contemplated about the way of Linus, and eventually I begin to
    > > understand HIS aim."
    > Understanding his aim is useful. It allows you to get
    > out of the way when he starts shooting.

    Ah, eventually I begin to understand why Linus is exercising in
    pistols with ESR.

    > > excuse me. this is ridiculous.
    > Well, we knew that before the thread started. Can't win
    > a holy war.

    what I wanted to say is: it should not neccessary to <peter breuer>
    "seeing this discussion fly past for a week I begin to
    understand what Linus' aim might be"
    </peter breuer>

    spend a week reading lkml and maybe catch a hint about what Linus
    had in mind when introducing some code.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:01    [W:0.020 / U:55.644 seconds]