SubjectYAFB: Yet Another Filesystem Bench
Hi,

I am also doing such comparisons, with IOZone and Bonnie++
The currents results are available at
http://www.pingouin.org/linux/fsbench/

More results are to come, especially to see the notail option impact of
Reiserfs with iozone and bonnie++.

Of course, comments are welcome...

Regards,
Yves

Randy.Dunlap(rddunlap@osdlab.org)@Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 11:24:48AM -0700:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing some similar FS comparisons, but using IOzone
> (www.iozone.org)
> instead of Netbench.
>
> Some preliminary (mostly raw) data are available at:
> http://www.osdlab.org/reports/journal_fs/
> (updated today).
[...]
> Andrew Theurer wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I recently starting doing some fs performance comparisons with Netbench
> > and the journal filesystems available in 2.4: Reiserfs, JFS, XFS, and
> > Ext3. I thought some of you may be interested in the results. Below
> > is the README from the http://lse.sourceforge.net. There is a kernprof
> > for each test, and I am working on the lockmeter stuff right now. Let
> > me know if you have any comments.
> >
> > Andrew Theurer
> > IBM LTC
> -

Yves ROUGY - Yves.Rougy@fr.alcove.com
Coordinateur du Laboratoire - Lab Manager
Ingénieur Logiciels Libres - Open Source Software Engineer

Alcôve "L'informatique est libre" http://www.alcove.com