SubjectLinux Mounting problem
Hello,
I am using Redhat Linux 7.1
During reboot, i get the message " Mounting / as readonly"
And, it enters into maintenance mode...( & all other steps fail -
/proc not mounted, swap not mounted, fsck fails)
I did the following :
mount -t proc proc /proc
fsck /dev/hda1
The following error messages : ERROR : Couldn't open /dev/null
(Read-only file system)

It goes into a never-ending loop, and never i am able to recover from
this problem.

Has anyone come across such a problem? How to tackle it?
Do we need to use a bootdisk, to get into the read-write mode of root
filesystem ?
How to change root filesystem from read-only to read-write?

This will be of very great help to me and my team.

Thanks in advance,
Venkatesh.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans