    SubjectRe: [IDEA+RFC] Possible solution for min()/max() war
    Date
    "A month of sundays ago Linus Torvalds wrote:"

    > On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Peter T. Breuer wrote:
    > >
    > > To give you all something definite to look at, here's some test code:
    >
    > Hmm.. This might be a good idea, actually. Have you tried whether it finds
    > something in the existing tree (you could just take the existing macro and

    Yes. I just tried it. The first warning thrown up for 2.4.8 was in
    tun.c, when I did a make modules. Obviously it all depends on my
    .config as to what it finds! I put in a asm(".error_here") instead of
    BUG() so the compilation stops at every problem instead of warning and
    continuing. Hence I don't kow the total. I can try and see ..

    It's very late here (spain) so I don't trust myself to do much
    hacking of code right now .. I corrected the tun.c code (it was
    harmless) and posted the first bit of output a little while ago.
    It should be down your mail client page a bit.

    > ignore the first argument)?
    >
    > This would definitely be acceptable to me, and should (assuming no gcc
    > optimization bugs) work with no run-time overhead.

    Peter

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.027 / U:28.804 seconds]