SubjectRe: [IDEA+RFC] Possible solution for min()/max() war
Date

ptb@it.uc3m.es said:
> Well, I understand what you mean, but if the linux kernel wants it
> and the C spec doesn't forbid it, then it'll either stay that way or
> an "official" way will be found of evoking the desired behaviour.

In the world I've been living in for the last few years, GCC people don't
seem to take that much care to avoid breaking the kernel, especially when
the kernel is being gratuitously broken. David's __builtin_ct_assertion()
stuff looks like a sane way of getting the desired behaviour without having
to sacrifice any chickens, and getting that merged into GCC so that we can
start to use it seems like a good idea.

> OTOH I now can't get #__LINE__ to expand as I want it where I want
> it.

Heh. That's magic.

--
dwmw2