SubjectRe: [IDEA+RFC] Possible solution for min()/max() war
Daniel Phillips <> writes:

> More than anything, it shows that education is needed, not macro patch-ups.
> We have exactly the same issues with < and >, should we introduce
> three-argument macros to replace them?

Would it not have been much more "obvious" if the rules for
unsigned/signed integer comparisons (irrespective of the widths
involved) were

1) If the signed element is negative then it is always less than the
unsigned element.

2) If the unsigned element is greater than then maximum positive value
expressible by the signed one then it is always greater.

3) Only if both values are positive and within the range of the
smaller element are the actual values compared.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:01    [W:0.463 / U:15.452 seconds]