SubjectRe: Linux Mounting problem
It will enter maintenance mode if fsck was unable to fix errors as a
previous boot-up. Boot with your RH71 cd, enter "linux rescue" at the
"boot:" prompt, and your system will be mounted under /mnt/sysimage. It
may delay for a little while while coming up if it's re-running fsck.
After you have a prompt (navigate throught the text dialog boxes
first), run fsck and you can fix the partition or inode errors.

Regards,
Jim Roland, RHCE

Venkatesh Ramachandran wrote:

>Hello,
> I am using Redhat Linux 7.1
> During reboot, i get the message " Mounting / as readonly"
> And, it enters into maintenance mode...( & all other steps fail -
>/proc not mounted, swap not mounted, fsck fails)
> I did the following :
> mount -t proc proc /proc
> fsck /dev/hda1
> The following error messages : ERROR : Couldn't open /dev/null
>(Read-only file system)
>
> It goes into a never-ending loop, and never i am able to recover from
>this problem.
>
> Has anyone come across such a problem? How to tackle it?
> Do we need to use a bootdisk, to get into the read-write mode of root
>filesystem ?
> How to change root filesystem from read-only to read-write?
>
> This will be of very great help to me and my team.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Venkatesh.
>
>-

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:01    [W:0.078 / U:0.328 seconds]