SubjectRe: Linux Mounting problem
It will enter maintenance mode if fsck was unable to fix errors as a
previous boot-up. Boot with your RH71 cd, enter "linux rescue" at the
"boot:" prompt, and your system will be mounted under /mnt/sysimage. It
may delay for a little while while coming up if it's re-running fsck.
After you have a prompt (navigate throught the text dialog boxes
first), run fsck and you can fix the partition or inode errors.

Jim Roland, RHCE