    SubjectRe: ISSUE: DFE530-TX REV-A3-1 times out on transmit
    On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, David Schmitt wrote:

    > under 'normal loads' (ie one tcp d/l at max, few other traffic) the
    > situation didn' get better, it hangs as often as with the original
    > via-rhine, at least it feels so. No hard figures here. But even
    > writing this mail (via ssh) here parallel to a download over the lan
    > (from the same server) triggers resets.

    That is still pretty awful ... but it doesn't stop working?
    (you say hangs, but then resets)

    > under heavy loads (ie with multiple flood pings) it resets often but I
    > couldn't push it over the edge anymore. I have it running now for
    > several minutes under multiple pingfloods and it always recovered
    > (from quite a amount of resets).

    Ok, that means the "D-Link magic" does improve reset.

    It may be interesting to find out which parts that help. I simply added
    things that looked good ... Lacking information on what the bit-flipping
    is supposed to do, one way to try and do that is to remove code and see
    how much can be removed without breaking anything.
    (Sounds like a childrens game, except for programmers ...)

    I'll still try generating collisions and see what happens. If I can't
    reproduce this perhaps you would test a different patch to see which
    change that made a difference?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:01    [W:0.022 / U:5.652 seconds]