SubjectRe: USB UHCI broken again w/ visor
Greg KH [greg@kroah.com] wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 01:32:40AM -0500, Bob McElrath wrote:
> > USB verbose debug is ON, using driver usb-uhci, on an alpha, kernel
> > 2.4.9, new batteries in the thing. This worked with 2.4.7. What
> > happened? It seems like every other kernel version it gets broken
> > again, and I can't sync my visor.
>
> It looks like your uhci controller is not getting interrupts anymore.
> Does the value of /proc/interrupts for the usb-uhci driver get
> incremented?

No, it seems stuck at a non-zero value.

(0)<mcelrath@draal:/home/mcelrath/minijam> cat /proc/interrupts
1: 224376 XT-PIC keyboard
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
8: 250012322 RTC +timer
11: 3019583 XT-PIC PAS16
12: 1891610 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
14: 60292 XT-PIC +ide0
16: 650152 CABRIOLET BusLogic BT-958
18: 23085 CABRIOLET usb-uhci
19: 304381 CABRIOLET eth0
20: 0 CABRIOLET isa-cascade
ERR: 0

The non-zero value is probably because I was using another device.

> Does any other usb devices work on this system?

Yes, I have a SanDisk ImageMage (SDDR-12) that sorta-works with the
usb-storage driver.

The device times out though after transferring a few files. I don't
know if the problem is with the usb-storage driver, usb-uhci, or the
device itself. But this problem has existed for a long time, and OHCI
users don't report this problem. (using usb-storage with this device
and my little program to transfer files to it:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/mj-tools/) I haven't been able to
track this bug down yet...

The behaviour of the usb-storage stuff is unchanged from 2.4.7, but the
visor definitely did work with 2.4.7, where it doesn't now.

Thanks,
-- Bob

P.S. please CC me as I am not on linux-kernel.

Bob McElrath (rsmcelrath@students.wisc.edu)
Univ. of Wisconsin at Madison, Department of Physics

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:58    [W:0.056 / U:0.172 seconds]