    SubjectRe: Updated Linux kernel preemption patches
    On Mon, 2001-08-27 at 17:24, Cliff Albert wrote:
    > I ALWAYS run make dep && make clean && make bzImage when building a new
    > kernel

    OK, so that is not the problem...

    > It still borks, probably you are having other options in your kernel config
    > and sections you don't use may depend on dec_and_lock

    No, I have places in my kernel where atomic_dec_and_lock is used. In
    fact, one of the functions I was pasted where it broke was mmput() in
    kernel.S (i think from fork.c). I have that function, and it uses
    atomic_dec_and_lock...

    So the problem is most certainly something to do with your configuration
    not getting the dependency right to use atomic_dec_and_lock

    Out of curiosity, what CONFIG CPU are you defined to use?

    > First get it to work, and then spend time on keeping it current with alan's
    > and linus' tree.

    I am working, but it is not my code. I am merely trying to keep it in
    sync with the trees. I am trying to get it working for those who it
    does not compile for, but it works for me and others, so it is hard.

    --
    Robert M. Love
    rml at ufl.edu
    rml at tech9.net

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.035 / U:62.724 seconds]