SubjectRe: Journal Filesystem Comparison on Netbench
Hans-

Have you consider using OSDL machines for your testing?
It probably wouldn't replicate Andrew's systems exactly,
but we do have [2,4,8]-way systems that could be made
available for your use.

~Randy

Hans Reiser wrote:

> Please mount with -notails and repeat your results. ReiserFS can either save
> you on disk space, or save you on performance, but not both at the same time.
> That said, it does not surprise me that our locking is coarser than other
> filesystems, and we will be fixing that in version 4. Unfortunately we don't
> have the hardware to replicate your results.
>
> Hans
>
> Andrew Theurer wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I recently starting doing some fs performance comparisons with Netbench
> > and the journal filesystems available in 2.4: Reiserfs, JFS, XFS, and
> > Ext3. I thought some of you may be interested in the results. Below
> > is the README from the http://lse.sourceforge.net. There is a kernprof
> > for each test, and I am working on the lockmeter stuff right now. Let
> > me
> > know if you have any comments.
> >
> > Andrew Theurer
> > IBM LTC

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:58    [W:0.130 / U:0.068 seconds]