SubjectAllocation of sk_buffs in the kernel
Hello everyone,

I'm currently writing a kernel patch where it is essential to get known
when a sk_buff is allocated. Or better said I have to get known when a
sk_buff is effectively a new packet in the kernel-

I currently identified 3 functions in the kernel where sk_buffs are
allocated: alloc_skb (of course), skb_linearize and pskb_expand_head. Or at
least there new data is defined for the sk_buffs.

Now I monitor a TCP session, a FTP download better said, and on the
interface arrives around 30000 packets for 50 MB of data. But in my kernel
patch only 2000 packets are allocated, or at least I see only the
allocation of 2000 packets.

Can anyone help me where I can find my missing packets? ;)) I need them
badly! *GG*

It's not quite easy to look into the TCP code, because its quite big and a
bit complicated.....

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jens

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.044 / U:0.308 seconds]