    SubjectRe: [FAQ?] More ram=less performance (maximum cacheable RAM)
    Robert Love wrote:

    > It also has nothing to do with Linux. Some motherboard's TAG RAM do not
    > allow for caching more than xMB.

    I'm just proposing to update the FAQ to help people like me
    that thinking to gain speed doubling the system ram have seen
    a severe performance drop for certain task like compiling the
    kernel .

    Answer :
    It has nothing to do with Linux, maybe your motherboard's TAG Ram
    do not allow for caching more than xMB.

    ciao,
    luca
    E-mail......: Luca Montecchiani <m.luca@iname.com>
    W.W.W.......: http://i.am/m.luca - http://luca.myip.org
    Speakfreely.: sflwl -hlwl.fourmilab.ch luca@
    I.C.Q.......: 17655604

    Non esiste vento favorevole per il marinaio che non sa dove andare
    Seneca

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.021 / U:0.724 seconds]