SubjectRe: Qlogic/FC firmware
>>>>> "David" == David S Miller <> writes:

David> Who removed it from the 2.4.x driver recently, and why?

David> I've been playing around, accidently corrupting my firmware a
David> few times, and had to grab the firmware back from older trees
David> to make my qlogic,FC card usable again.

David> Removing the firmware makes no sense, if the firmware was
David> incorrect for some reason, simply correct it.

Alan did after I pointed out to him that it was incompatible with the
GPL (BSD license with advertisement clause). Really hard to fix unless
you get QLogic to change the license for you.