   From: Jes Sorensen <>
Date: 21 Aug 2001 15:31:05 +0200

Alan did after I pointed out to him that it was incompatible with the
GPL (BSD license with advertisement clause). Really hard to fix unless
you get QLogic to change the license for you.

And what about the Qlogic,ISP firmware in the tree too? Those have no
copyright notice, but I think this is due to omission. The same
identical firmware code in Matt Jacob's isp_dist.tar.gz driver has the
BSD license at the top of every firmware file.

You might as well remove all of these drivers in whole, as they are
basically non-functional without the accompanying firmware.

David S. Miller