SubjectRe: 2.4.8 aic7xxx -- continuous bus resets
>Downloading now, will try this afternoon and let you know.
>
>Another person mentioned that there might be an irq routing problem,
>and using 'noapic' might fix the problem also. The machine has two
>ioapics, and it is possible to disable one through the bios setup. I
>have noticed that interrupt routeing is quite different with both
>ioapics enabled than with just one.
>
>Is there any benefit to enableing both, and will enableing just one
>fix the issue?

I don't know the details of the Linux interrupt routing code. You'd
have to ask those responsible for that portion of Linux's PCI support.
If playing with APIC settings fixes your problems, then we can safely
say that the aic7xxx driver is not at fault.

--
Justin