SubjectRe: [patch] zero-bounce highmem I/O
From
   From: G廨ard Roudier <groudier@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:20:17 +0200 (CEST)

The current solution consists in tampering the dma_mask in the pci_dev
structure prior to allocating DMAable memory. Not really clean...
Some interface that would allow to provide some masks as argument would be
cleaner, in my opinion. Btw, the pci_set_* interface does not seem cleaner
to me than hacking the corresponding field in the pcidev structure directly.

pci_alloc_consistent will ONLY give you 32-bit DMA memory.

This will be true both before and after my changes. Does the
IA64 gross hack behave differently?

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com