    SubjectRe: aic7xxx driver that does not need db library?
    > Currently, building Justin Gibbs's otherwise excellent
    >aic7xxx driver requires the Berkeley DB library, because the
    >aic7xxx assembler that is used in the build process uses db
    >basically just to implement associative arrays in memory.

    You don't need to use the assembler. Compiled firmware is
    provided in every distrubution I've made, including the one
    in the 2.4.9 kernel. The default is to *not* build the
    firmware. Just make sure that you don't have this option
    inadvertantly turned on in your config and you should be happy.

    A wise CS proff once said, "Smart programmers are lazy. They
    re-use stuff rather than write it over and over again." In this
    case, I was able to implement my symbol table in all of 5 mintues
    without the need to debug the code that implements its core. It
    may seem like overkill, but it allowed me to focus on the important
    things, like making the assembler useful. The assember dates from
    1995, which might explain why it uses the dbv1 interface.

    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.020 / U:133.344 seconds]