SubjectRe: Determine if card is in 32 or 64 bit PCI slot?

Johannes> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Johannes> wrote:
>> Are you sure the card actually needs this. Most such cards support
>> dual address cycle, so when placed in a 32bit slot will still do
>> 64bit DMA

Johannes> No I don't know if it's needed. I had no idea that PCI could
Johannes> do that.

Johannes> Is dual address cycle mandated by the PCI specs?

According to the PCI spec "The master is required in all cases to use
two clocks to communicate a 64-bit address, since the width of a
target's bus is not known during the address phase."

Aka, the answer to your question is yes.

Jes