SubjectRe: [Acpi] Re: ACPI fundamental locking problems
> But please don't make initrd mandatory for those of us who don't
> need ACPI, don't need dhcp before mounting disks and so on.
> I hope the "fs-less" kernel image still will be possible for those
> of us who have a simple setup.

If we can do that kind of early boot user space then stuff like finding the
root file system and possibly even the initial pnpbios scanners belong in
user space. So you would want it for all boxes.

Equally you would want it to be completely trivial - it has to be a case of
a default make bzImage popping out a completely perfect base initrd and
make bzLilo adding both