On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 01:44:44PM +0100, Alex Buell wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > It's gotten decidedly MORE hostile out there in the last year or two
> > with the appearance of these scripted worms, like Ramen, L1on, and
> > TSIG, that people can just tack more exploits onto and release in the
> > wild.

> What security sites would you recommend pointing my browser at in order to
> check on latest exploits and solutions to get rid of them?

I generally recommend some of the following:

www.securityfocus.com
www.securityportal.com
packetstorm.security.com
(Oh, gee, that's now packetstormsecurity.org)

www.rootshell.com use to be pretty good, but it's been getting
long in the tooth lately and hasn't changed in ages.

Each of those has additional links to other sites.

Then find the security pages for your distro. RedHat, Turbo,
and most of the other good ones have pages for errata's and security
announcements. Find them and check them out.

Couple of good books out there too... I helped write "Hacking
Linux Exposed" and Bob Toxin has "Real World Linux Security" that you
might find interesting.

--
Michael H. Warfield | (770) 985-6132 | mhw@WittsEnd.com
(The Mad Wizard) | (678) 463-0932 | http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/