    SubjectRe: receive stats null for bond0 in 2.4.6
    Jeff Golds wrote:

    > So what's wrong with collecting the slaves' receive stats and reporting
    > them as stats for the bonding driver? At least then you can quickly see
    > the total for all devices currently owned by the bonding device.
    >
    > Stats are just a tool so that you can see if things are behaving
    > properly, you can report back whatever you like. I prefer to have the
    > bonding driver collect the slaves' stats so you can easily see if
    > enslaved devices are receiving packets. If you want to see which device
    > is getting more traffic, that's easy to see by looking at the individual
    > slave.

    the person who ported the driver over to 2.4 from 2.2 made that choice.

    It wasn't me. It was one of the network guys (Dave/Alexy/??).

    One problem with collecting all the stats into the bonding driver -
    which I have seen, is you can quickly start to overflow counters. And
    they don't roll over.