SubjectRe: Uncle Sam Wants YOU!
On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Marius Nita wrote:

> _I_ think it's childish to claim the above. You _may_ have a choice, yes, but
> is that choice equal or fair? Microsoft has infected both the user area as

Problem: I don't like company policy
Solution: Deal or get another job

<whine>
Why should I have to spend time finding another job, it's the company's
fault for having company policies that I can't live with! They should
change their policy for me!
</whine>

> So what I call a choice is a fare choice. And I don't see one here.

Peon: Help! I installed linux at work and got fired!
Oracle: You made a bad choice.

Are you saying that the fact that there's only one good choice in this
situation is Microsoft's fault? I hope you wouldn't say "Microsoft MADE
me install linux."

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Ben Ford wrote:

> The point is they aren't offering the best solution! They are taking
> away all others! That is why people dislike the company.

They aren't taking away anything. They're flooding the market with their
software, and people are *still buying the stuff*. And people who say
Excel and Powerpoint aren't the best-in-class solutions for the needs of
most executives are kidding themselves.

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Kurt Maxwell Weber wrote:
> As demonstrated many times over the past several years, it is becoming
> increasingly difficult to buy a PC without bundled m$-ware. Even if you
> dont use m$-ware you are still forced to pay for it.

And you can get a refund if you don't agree to the license. Or you can
build your own computer. The OS isn't the only thing Dell or Compaq or
anyone else forces on you. Would you complain if you couldn't get a
machine from a major vendor with a certain disk drive, and were then
"forced" to buy it anyway, and trash the original drive?

Can this thread die please? Some people see choices, some don't. Some
people hate microsoft, some don't. Perhaps someone should start a mailing
list for "Microsoft killed my cat, wrecked my car.. now I want to sue"
discussions.

justin

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.131 / U:1.300 seconds]