    SubjectRe: Uncle Sam Wants YOU!

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Jesse Pollard" <>
    To: <>; "Kurt Maxwell Weber" <>; "J Sloan"
    Cc: <>
    Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 3:03 PM
    Subject: Re: Uncle Sam Wants YOU!

    > >In that case, I have the following options:
    > >1) Start my own ISP
    > Only if the upstream provider doesn't require you to use windows.
    > >2) Use Windows XP
    > >3) Not use Windows XP and not be able to use my current ISP
    > >4) Go to a different ISP
    > You may not be able to find another. It took me a year. I gave up. I was
    > fortunate that Verio doesn't care what you have... though if you use
    > the dialup or basic dsl, MS is it, or no real support.
    > >I'll just have to decide which I value more. As long as I won't be
    > >for using a different OS, I still have a choice.
    > No, but you might be forced out of a job.

    In one of the large metro areas in which I live, there are a LOT of ISPs
    that do not require you to use Windows, but will not support you beyond the
    IP layer if you don't. Use linux, install PPP with MS-CHAPv2 (with or
    without MPPE) for your dialup connection and it works just fine on a
    Winblows-only ISP. DSL or Cable, just acquire your actual IP settings
    program a Linksys router/hub box and be done with it.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.022 / U:24.032 seconds]