SubjectRe: Uncle Sam Wants YOU!
On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Kurt Maxwell Weber wrote:
> In that case, I have the following options:
> 1) Start my own ISP
> 2) Use Windows XP
> 3) Not use Windows XP and not be able to use my current ISP
> 4) Go to a different ISP
> I'll just have to decide which I value more. As long as I won't be killed
> for using a different OS, I still have a choice.

But these are false alternatives! "I'll give you a choice, I remove
either your right foot or your left arm. Your choice." The choice
of "neither" is not given. All I want is true alternatives. I
hope that one of those alternatives will be to opt out of the
coercive, advertising rich, commercial environment that is in
our future.

Lew Wolfgang