    SubjectRe: Uncle Sam Wants YOU!
    Kurt Maxwell Weber <kmw@rowsw.com>:

    > I'm going to take a break from lurking to point out that I am not
    > dissatisfied with Windows. It has its uses, as do Linux (and NetBSD, and
    > Solaris, and the other operating systems I have installed at home).
    Frankly,
    > I don't have a problem with Microsoft. If I don't like their
    product, I'm
    > free to choose not to use it.

    So as a user you are free to not use M$ products.
    What if you are IT. Then you do not have a choice.

    I have been working as a Computer Tech for approx 5 years.
    When I first started (before that period actually, I speak of my Jr high
    years)
    I liked MS, if only b/c it was better than the other Intel solutions
    (This is approx 1993 or 1994). When OS/2 came out, I thought it was
    a joke (My father had it on his computer, I couldn't even get the calculator
    to run).

    When Win95 came out, I finally got to hate M$. Then I discovered Linux
    and now I have a great dislike for M$ and their products.

    I appreciate that as a user you may have a choice. As a tech or MIS/IT,
    I don't have
    a choice. As such I believe that I have been "damaged" by M$.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.040 / U:0.112 seconds]