    SubjectRe: Linux kernel headers violate RFC2553

    Felix von Leitner writes:
    > Thus spake David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com):
    > > Don't user kernel headers for userspace.
    >
    > What choice do I have?

    I didn't say anything about choice, I said "don't use kernel headers
    for userspace". What part of it do you not understand.

    It was decided long ago that keeping the kernel headers up to snuff
    with "user space standard of the day" was not in our interests, so we
    don't have "#if _POSIX == 19940XXX" type crap all over the kernel
    headers.

    In fact, in some headers the structures and names are purposely not
    what userspace wants. In this way nobody is likely to get the ill
    conception that they are meant in any way to be used by userspace.

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@redhat.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.023 / U:0.624 seconds]