SubjectRe: Linux kernel headers violate RFC2553

Felix von Leitner writes:
> Thus spake David S. Miller (
> > Don't user kernel headers for userspace.
> What choice do I have?

I didn't say anything about choice, I said "don't use kernel headers
for userspace". What part of it do you not understand.

It was decided long ago that keeping the kernel headers up to snuff
with "user space standard of the day" was not in our interests, so we
don't have "#if _POSIX == 19940XXX" type crap all over the kernel

In fact, in some headers the structures and names are purposely not
what userspace wants. In this way nobody is likely to get the ill
conception that they are meant in any way to be used by userspace.

David S. Miller