SubjectRe: temperature standard - global config option?

It seems that a lot of people are agreeing that the unit should be a
multiple of 1 kelvin but to my eyes there are two camps and I just want to
make sure that everyone's being clear with their notation.

If the kernel tells me the temperature is 1 (one) what should that mean?
If it's spitting out 0.1*<temperature in K> as people are claiming the
ACPI stuff does then 1 means 10 kelvin or 1 dekakelvin, not a
decikelvin as other people are saying they would prefer to see used. Or
are people being braindamaged and by "0.1*K" they mean that ACPI spits out
10*<temperature in K>? Which would then mean that everyone does agree
afterall that the unit should be a decikelvin although they don't
necessarily know what multiplication means :-).