    On Tuesday 05 June 2001 08:28, Anil Kumar wrote:
    > Will it not be a very specialized case rather than being general call
    > type?

    The concept is general and useful, though I don't think its expression
    here is correct. A similar feature used in dynix was described earlier
    in some detail by Paul Cassella:
    (Re: [RFC] Semaphores used for daemon wakeup)

    The idea is to atomically release one serializer and grab another. We
    have quite a few flavors of lock so square that and you have the number
    of primitives you'd need for a complete set.

    To sell the idea you'd have to come up with a few places where the new
    primitives would make the kernel run better, then you'd have to
    implement it or find someone with the necessary scheduler hacking
    skills to do it for you. The last part is the tricky one. ;-)

    We had

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.028 / U:68.180 seconds]