    SubjectRe: Inconsistent "#ifdef __KERNEL__" on different architectures
    On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Paul Mackerras wrote:

    > This is why I added #ifdef __KERNEL__ around most of the contents
    > of include/asm-ppc/*.h. It was done deliberately to flush out those
    > programs which are depending on kernel headers when they shouldn't.

    Whatever the right policy is, the main concern in my initial mail was the
    _consistency_ of the kernel headers between different architectures.
    So when you want to flush out these programs I see no reason to
    inconsistetly change it only on one architecture.

    > Paul.

    cu
    Adrian

    -- Mahatma Ghandi