    SubjectRe: Maintainers master list?

    Robert> me. I took issue with the MAINTAINERS file when Eric brought
    Robert> it up originally. However, I don't think drastic measures
    Robert> need to be taken. I have seen a lot of ideas, including
    Robert> Meta-data in the kernel source.

    Robert> What I think we need is the simple solution: find a maintainer
    Robert> for the file, cleanup the current cruft and misinformation,
    Robert> and then actively work to keep the file current. I am willing
    Robert> to be this maintainer.

    A good place to start would be to write a script that checks the email
    addresses listed in there for bounces say every 6 months (not too
    often or people will get grumphy). Oh and maybe include the data about
    the person so he/she can verify it's ok, maybe this way we can get
    forget this meta-data sillyness.

    Robert> I am not a major "maintainer" in the kernel, but I have and do
    Robert> contribute. Thus I think this is a good task for me. I am
    Robert> willing and wanting to do this. Comments?

    Well, you'd become the maintainer maintainer. Thats worth a slot in
    the MAINTAINERS file ;-)

    Jes

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.048 / U:0.652 seconds]