    SubjectRe: PCI Power Management / Interrupt Context
    Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > David T Eger <> wrote:
    > >
    > >So I'm writing some code for a PCI card that is a framebuffer device, and
    > >happily filling in the functions for the probe() and remove() functions
    > >when I read documentation (Documentation/pci.txt) which mentions that
    > >remove() can be called from interrupt context.
    > This used to be true for a short while for hot-plug CardBus. I don't
    > think it is true any more - and if it is, that would be a bug.
    > So I think it's the documentation that is in error, and we should just
    > fix that.
    > Jeff?

    Correct, pci_driver::remove does not get called from interrupt context.

    I don't know where the heck this thread is coming from ;-) The docs
    appear to be correct:

    > remove Pointer to a function which gets called whenever a device
    > being handled by this driver is removed (either during
    > deregistration of the driver or when it's manually pulled
    > out of a hot-pluggable slot). This function always gets
    > called from process context, so it can sleep.

    Jeff Garzik | Andre the Giant has a posse.
    Building 1024 |
    MandrakeSoft |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.020 / U:40.972 seconds]