SubjectRe: 2.4.5-ac12 kernel oops

>>Hmm, I would have thought that /proc was more up to date, because it
>>would reflect changes. No reboot, never even considered it (I've
>>rescued too many junior sysadmins that think rebooting is _the_ answer).
>
>/proc/ksyms is dynamic, it changes as modules are loaded and unloaded.
>And often the oops is so bad that the machine is dead so reboot is the
>only option, ksyms after reboot may be for a completely different
>kernel. If you want accurate ksyms and lsmod data to feed into
>ksymoops, 'man insmod' and read section 'KSYMOOPS ASSISTANCE'.

OK, I added the cron task and directory, perhaps I need them sometime.
In any event, thanks for the info. This certainly seems very well
thought out!

--
"Or heck, let's just make the VM a _real_ Neural Network, that self
trains itself to the load you put on the system. Hideously complex and

ditto

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.047 / U:0.724 seconds]