    SubjectPossible freezing bug located after ac13
    I've recently been going slightly nuts with the fact ac15, 16, and 17
    all like deadlocking/slowing to a crawl for seconds/minutes on my K6-III
    with 64MB of ram and a swap space of 128MB...

    Recently I noticed something VERY odd, I'd been keeping an eye on
    gkrellm while I was doing stupid things to produce the problem (a du
    as root in X of / generally would always make it pop up) ... And swap
    was doing I/O at the time *JUST* before when I'd either deadlock or slow
    down to a crawl, and if it recovered, swap would do more I/O...

    So. I tried unmounting all swap, and suddenly everything worked fine,
    although I couldn't exactly do everythign I wanted of course.

    I regression tested this, ac 16,15 and even 14 do this. ac 13 does *not*
    - IMHO I think the dead swap patches introduced into 14 may be related
    to the problem.

    Just my two cents.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.020 / U:2.224 seconds]