    SubjectRe: Controversy over dynamic linking -- how to end the panic
    On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 02:03:32PM -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:
    > Besides, your opinion on this matter is irrelevant. Linus has already decided
    > to allow binary-only drivers. The question is not WHETHER it is allowed, but
    > HOW it will be allowed. Please stay on topic.

    In my opinion Linus was already too late when he decided to allow
    binary-only drivers. At that time there were already way too many
    principal authors that contributed to the kernel, and not all authors
    of all files might have agreed with his decision.

    But then again: IANAL and this is a legal issue, so Alan is right:
    consult a lawyer.

    Erik

    Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
    Phone: +31-15-2783635 Fax: +31-15-2781843 Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl