    SubjectRe: missing sysrq
    > Let me guess... you're using a RedHat system?  RedHat, for some
    > idiotic reason, defaults to actively turning this off for you (and
    > they turn Stop-A off on SPARC, too.)

    We turn it off by default because its a rather large dangerous security
    hole to leave around when a naiive user makes a basic installation. It is much
    better that it is enabled by someone who knows what they are doing and makes
    the decision to do so. Thats why we contributed the patch to make syrq runtime
    configurable

    Tools like powertweak even give you a nice gui interface for managing it.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.023 / U:59.684 seconds]