SubjectRe: [2.4.5 and all ac-Patches] massive file corruption with reiser or NFS
Date
Am Samstag,  2. Juni 2001 18:42 schrieben Sie:
> On Saturday, June 02, 2001 02:41:04 PM +0200 Andreas Hartmann
>
> <andihartmann@freenet.de> wrote:

> >> www.namesys.com.
> >>
> > > Thank you very much for your advice.
> > > I tested your suggestion and run the machine without NFS-mounted
> > > devices
> >
> > - it seems to be working fine. > > Anyway - I'm wondering why I didn't
> > get any problem until 2.4.4ac10 with this configuration without the
> > appropriate patch on the client or on the server?
>
> The problem only happens when the clients do an operation on a file that
> has gone out of cache on the server. Under light load, this might happen
> very rarely.

The load didn't change. YOu can forget the load, it's very small. It's my
private server and I'm doing always the same thing via NFS - compiling e.g.
This has been working fine until 2.4.4.ac10, afterwards it has been broken.

> You only need the patch on the server.

My experiences today are others: I need the patch on both, the server and the
client (both 2.4.5) to get it working. See the other mailing to Alan in the
list.

Regards,
Andreas Hartmann

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.066 / U:0.940 seconds]