    SubjectRe: APIC problem or 3com 3c590 driver problem in smp kernel 2.4.x
    > It's our own's card. so it could be the card's problem. does the pci
    > device have to do some special thing to support APIC? my card won't work

    Nope. APIC is invisible to a correctly built piece of hardware. It just changes
    how INTA-INTD are handled at the host end of things

    > properly on uni-processor with APIC enable kernel or smp kernel when the
    > card is sharing IRQ with some other pci devices.

    That sounds like the driver isnt testing the irq was sourced by that card. You
    also see hangups on insmod/rmmod when people do

    writel(ENABLE_MY_IRQ, my_card->control);

    before they request the IRQ and are able to clear it

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.019 / U:143.392 seconds]