SubjectRe: APM, ACPI, and Wake on LAN - the bane of my existance
Hi!

> anything. So I removed the three pin cross connect that connects the
> card to the WOL header on the motherboard. That fixed it for a few
> days, but now it's doing it again, even without the cable installed.
> the only fix is to unplug the ethernet cable when I turn it off.

So turn it off by unplugging AC cord. If it comes up *without* AC plugged
in.... Welll... Call GhostBusters.
Pavel
PS: I is possible that machine comes up after powerfail. This might be
your proble. Without 3pin cable installed, it really should not come up
itself.