    SubjectRe: ps2 keyboard filter hook wrote:
    > In order to use these keyboards, a the standard PS/2 driver needs to behave a
    > bit differently; thus attached is a modifcation to the PS/2 driver which allows
    > other drivers to register with the PS/2 driver as 'filters'. There is a
    > arbitrary max number of 'filters' set to 1, which is a compile-time define.
    > The registered drivers are called (in order of registration) for every scancode,
    > and they may change or consume the scancode (or allow it to pass). Also the
    > 'filters' are given a function to send an variable-sized buffer to the keyboard
    > output port; this function is synchronized using a semaphore which also
    > coordinates with pckbd_leds().

    Didn't we just conclude a discussion here on linux-kernel, which said
    that patches which simply add hooks allowing proprietary extensions are
    not accepted into the kernel?

    Jeff Garzik | Andre the Giant has a posse.
    Building 1024 |
    MandrakeSoft |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.020 / U:5.952 seconds]