    SubjectRe: 2.4.5 data corruption
    On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 11:54:20PM +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Alan Cox <> writes:
    > >> any problems since 2.4.5 was published, they seem to have surfaced
    > >> immediately after I created a rather big file capturing video with
    > >> broadcast2000 (video card is bt848). Filesystem is ext2.
    > >
    > > Thats something I've seen reported elsehwere. The high bandwidth capture card
    > > stuff seems to show up problems. It could be drivers could be hardware. On
    > > my AMD 751 pre release board I see that problem but on the 751 production board
    > > I dont
    > You must be right, today I created another big file with the same program
    > but without doing caputre and the filesystem was intact. OTOH,
    > Russell Leighton reports curruption when creating a file with dd...

    For what it is worth, after having three failures in a row, now it isn't
    happening. My test case is/was my nightly backup. If it happens again,
    I'll save the corrupted data so we can do more digging. I'm kicking
    myself for not having done it the first time around.
    Larry McVoy lm at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.022 / U:35.264 seconds]